One of the best ways to raise your spirits during times of stagnation or sadness is to take some time out of your day to focus on what you are grateful for in your life. We often focus on only the negatives around us, choosing to ignore all the blessings we have every day. Take some time today to find a quiet place to sit. Maybe it’s somewhere in nature, in your backyard, your bedroom, the library, or even your car. Once you find someplace that feels good to you, sit down with your journal or laptop and make a list of at least five things you are grateful for.
Here are the things I am grateful for:
- My family – Whenever I have a bad day or am going through a stressful time, my family is always supportive and gives me the best advice on how to move forward. They are sympathetic to my emotions, but push me to overcome obstacles and be the best person I can be.
- My car – Without my car I would have no job or social life, so I am grateful to have a car that functions. It’s old, but reliable, and I am blessed to have it!
- My health – I never take for granted my good health. It allows me to live a happy and full life and it also allows me to focus on the things I love.
- Youtube – When I need new ideas, inspiration, or when I’m bored, youtubers never fail to lift me up and entertain me. There’s always something new to find and research.
- Seasons – I am grateful to live in an area where we have changing seasons. It keeps things interesting and gives you something new to look forward to every four months or so.
What are some of the things you are grateful for today? Focus on those things today and allow the gratitude to expand, send those positive vibes out into the universe and say “thank you”.